Republicans Are Lawless
• Republican Joseph McCarthy – Engaged in demagogic, reckless, and unsubstantiated accusations, as well as public attacks on the character and/or patriotism of political opponents.
• Republican President Richard Nixon – Criminal Watergate Activity, creating enemies lists and much more. Details here
• Republican President Gerrold Ford Pardoned Richard Nixon’s Criminal Watergate Activities
• Republican President Ronald Reagan. By the end of his term, 138 Reagan administration officials had been convicted, had been indicted, or had been the subject of official investigations for official misconduct and/or criminal violations. More details here
• As a result of the 2000 election being rigged which installed George W. Bush as president, Bush illegally and without provocation invaded Iraq, causing the deaths and injury of thousands of US Troops and Iraqi Citizens.
• As a result of the 2000 election being rigged which installed George W. Bush as president, Bush appointed 2 Conservative Supreme Court Justices. Al Gore received over 600,000 more popular votes than Bush so the majority of US Citizens wanted Gore as President and Liberal Supreme Court Justices. Republicans didn’t care, they crammed the rigged 2000 election down US Citizens throats and pursued a conservative agenda.
Crimes, Misdeeds and Deaths
Per article at (http://dyn.politico.com/members/forums/thread.cfm?catid=1&subcatid=4&threadid=2895278&start=271&CurrentPage=10) and copies found elsewhere on the internet, here’s just a few of the crimes and misdeeds of George W. Bush
- Lying to the American People about Weapons of Mass Destruction to justify War Against Iraq
- War Crimes: In the case of Hamdan vs Rumsfeld, it was proven that numerous war crimes have been committed by the Bush Administration in the war against Iraq, including the preemptive invasion itself. This does not include the unaccounted-for millions of dollars lost in Iraq or the unlawful management by the US State Department regarding the US Contractors operating in Iraq, Kuwait and Afghanistan. Holding and torturing prisoners being held without due process at Guantanamo Bay and the Abu Ghraib prison scandal are also serious war crimes.
- Deaths and Injuries: Causing the deaths of 4,475 Americans, 32,331 wounded Americans and the deaths of over 112,000 Iraqi Civilians
- Outing of a CIA Agent: The outing of Valerie Plame-Wilson by the Bush Administration, admitted by the CIA as being a covert agent, has led directly to Dick Cheney and possibly directly to the President.
- Spying on Americans: President Bush has admitted to his program of warrentless spying against millions of Americans in violation of the Forth Amendment and the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).
- Missing e-mails: Two federal statutes require presidential communications, including White House e-mails, to be preserved for the nation’s historical records. From 2001 to October 2003, the White House records system over-wrote all their e-mail files, and up to 2005, some e-mails still were not fully preserved. CREW (Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington) and the National Security Archives allege that millions of e-mails are missing from White House servers. (It is interesting that the timing of these lost e-mails is when most of the major illegal Bush activities were occurring.)
- Misuse of e-mail systems: Both the Republican National Committee e-mail system and the White House system were used within the White House to perform partisan political activities. As the White House is public property, it is against the law to do partisan political business while on public White House property.
- Unlawful FBI Activities: The ACLU has released documents showing that the Bush Administration directed the FBI to expand the definition of “domestic terrorism” to include citizens engaged in nonviolent protest and civil disobedience. This is totally unconstitutional.
- Firing of US Attorneys: This was a successful attempt by the President to use his US Attorney General and the US Justice Department for partisan political gains. VIDEO
- Response to Hurricane Katrina: This was a demonstration of gross negligence by the Bush Administration. A major, obvious betrayal of public trust.
- Scooter Libby: The President betrayed the public trust when he commuted the prison sentence of “Scooter” Libby.
- Koch Industries was indicted by the DoJ in 2000 for knowingly dumping “at least 91 metric tons of uncontrolled benzene in its liquid waste streams” at its Corpus Christi refinery, and for conspiring to cover it up in an attempt to deceive regulators.After George W. Bush took office in 2001, however, “his Attorney General John Ashcroft dropped 88 counts against Koch for the benzene spill and cover-up” in exchange for a guilty plea to falsifying documents and a $20 million fine (a settlement from $350 million in potential fines.)The Kochs made out pretty well in exchange for their $32,200 contribution to the 2000 Bush campaign. [Source: http://www.bradblog.com/?p=8778]
• When Obama began his Presidency in 2009, Republicans made an agreement to block him on everything so they could then blame him for failures they caused, so they could re-take the Senate and the White House. This proved they didn’t respect the “Will of the People” and they only cared about politics, re-gaining absolute power and to hell with the American People.
• Republicans routinely lie with impunity to achieve their goals and their uninformed base votes for them not knowing they have been lied to.
• Republicans has destroyed democracy by Gerrymandering districts all over the United States so they can’t be removed from office. To them, the ends justify the means with no regard to how dishonest or unscrupulous their tactics may be.
• Republicans Passed (or attempted to pass) Laws Legalizing Discrimination against Gays / LGBT people in states such as Arizona, Indiana and North Carolina.
• After the death of Antonin Scalia, Mitch McConnell & Republicans refused to do their job and consider President Obama’s Supreme Court Nominee, Merrick Garland, betting a Republican president would be elected so they could appoint a conservative Supreme Court Judge to replace Scalia.
A point which no one ever mentions; if the 2000 election hadn’t been rigged, Al Gore would have been President and he would have appointed 2 Liberal Supreme Court Justices. Republican’s LAWLESS act of stealing and rigging the 2000 election is what allowed them to have control of the Supreme Court in the first place.
• Trump and Pence lied with impunity to the American people to get elected.
• Republicans, Trump and Pence all seem to condone and have no problem with Russia hacking & stealing emails, and Assuage / Wikileaks publishing stolen, hacked emails because it helped Trump get elected and Republicans take control of all branches of the US Government. Trump even encouraged Russia to look for Clinton’s 30,000 emails as reported in many articles such as this; Trump urges Russia to hack Clinton’s email – click here to read
• In 2016 after North Carolina citizens voted for and elected a Democratic Governor, the NC GOP controlled legislator passed laws to strip the newly elected Governor of his powers before he began his first day on the job, again proving Republicans don’t give a Dam about US Citizens or the Will of the People.
Website lists over 290 Republicans who pleaded guilty and/or have been convicted of various crimes – Republicanoffenders.com